2805 Highview Avenue Price Announced

gregory ain - park planned home - altadena - for sale

Just a quick update... I see that the real estate agent has listed this home for sale at $518k. I was surprised to see it so low, but it does need some work. Probably going to be a lot of interest at that price because it is in such nice "restoration friendly" condition as compared to some of the others that have not been on the market in many years. Frankly, having been through an entire renovation, I'd kill to get one in this ready-to-live-in shape. It's always been one of the houses I've strongly desired two own on the block (there are a few...), and I'm hopeful a like-minded soul will be the happy new owner of the property. Of course it's sad to see the current owners moving on to their new home in the desert after all these years here. I will miss them tending the front garden, and spinning their colorful tales... :)

And of course, I'll miss their passion for Gregory Ain's work too. I do know that they are quite hopeful that the right buyers will have in their hearts a desire to do right by Ain's vision, and will keep with the home's uniquely modernist charm.

Good luck on the sale guys!

Comments

  1. Great house! We're shopping for a MCM, and only found out about this house a week too late. I'll buy the next one that comes up...

    It would be cool if Park Planned could become the next "Bungalow Heaven" where all the homeowner are on-board with restoration and preservation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ralph-

    I lived on west side of st mid-block from
    '46-'47 to '57. Know names of apprx dozen
    of original families + details of int,ext
    + other. I was 4 yrs old when our family
    moved in.

    Your restoration has good spirit!

    Bob

    robertbass2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts